BSPlayer for Android is the best hardware accelerated media player for Android smartphones and tablet PCs.
- Hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3... and streaming content such as http and rtsp.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your LAN shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, SMB shares, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer lite version is ad-supported application. Pro version without advertisements will be available soon.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum for can be found here http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/ .
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all videos.
Vote 5 stars if you like it. :)
Asus tf201 Plays beautifully on the Transformer Prime. Flawless.
Can play mkv files that other player can't, hardware acceleration works great. Recommends!
Very good video player, supports streaming over LAN/SMB flawlessly, in-app, along with automated internet download of subtitles. I would joyfully pay a few bucks for an ad-free version.
Plays everything on HTC ONE X. keep up the good work.
Great player! Play RMVB from samba directly. No A/V sync problem on my Desire Z. Absolutely 5 stars! Updated new version on 8 Sept, 2012. The "network buffer size" option is good for streaming, but would like to have option to disable it. I stream video from samba in local network. Disable network buffering can let me seek forward/backward and play immediately without have to wait for buffering.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here